Mushroom and sausage cups
Wine Pairing: Chardonnay, Chablis
|Creamy Mushroom and sausage cups|
They make a great lunch served alongside fresh crisp salad and avocado slices. These little cups are very handy for appetizers as well. Have the filling ready ahead of time and bake just before serving.
|Great for lunch with some sliced Avocados and salad|
Ingredients: makes 16200 gms kolbasa sausage chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb mushrooms chopped
1 tbsp flour
1/4 cup stock
1/3 cup milk
salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp thyme
fresh coriander chopped
1/2 pkg puff pastry defrosted but chilled
Muffin pan for small muffins
|Great for hor dourves|
- Roll out the puff pastry into a large rectangle on a floured surface. Cut 3X3 inch squares and refrigerate these till you are ready to bake.
- In a large pan heat 1 tsp olive oil and sauté the chopped sausage on high for 1-2 minutes to crisp and brown them.
- Remove sausage from the pan and keep aside.
- Add the remaining oil in the same pan, and add mushrooms. Cook these till they brown on all sides about 3-4 minutes.
- Add flour, parsley and thyme to the pan and mix well. Reduce the heat to medium. Flour will cook while absorbing the liquid in the pan.
- Slowly add stock and milk to the pan while stirring to avoid any lumps. Cook on medium heat while stirring until the sauce thickens and is bubbly. Take away from heat, season with salt and pepper and add the browned sausage to the sauce. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Grease the muffin pan and layer each mould with the puff pastry square while pushing the dough to the bottom to create a cup. Spoon the mushroom and sausage mixture in to these.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes till pastry is browned and fully cooked.
- Take out of the oven and garnish with fresh coriander.