Whole Grain Bow tie pasta
with asparagus and pine nuts
Wine Pairing: Pinot Grigio
|Lemony bow tie pasta with asparagus and pine nuts and sun dried tomatoes|
|Pasta with spring flavors|
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb mushrooms thinly sliced
2-3 cloves garlic grated
1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut in 1 inch length
1 large red pepper or 1/2 lb sugar snap peas
2 tbsp diced sun dried tomatoes soaked in 2-3 tbsp dry white wine or water
3 cups whole grain bow tie (or fusilli) pasta
1/2 cup fresh coriander and mint leaves chopped
2-3 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Put a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Toast pine nuts in a hot pan for 2-3 minutes, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add garlic and all the vegetables and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the sun dried tomatoes along with the liquid and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat till vegetables are tender crisp. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile cook pasta as per package directions until al dente.
- Drain pasta and add to vegetables. Season with salt and pepper, add chopped fresh herbs and lemon juice and give it a quick toss.
- Serve topped with pine nuts and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
|Lemony bow tie pasta with asparagus and pine nuts|