|Paneer veggie kababs|
This mixture is not suitable for deep frying. If you want to deep fry then add a lot more bread crumbs to ensure the cutlets don't fall apart in oil. You can also bake them. Spray with oil on both sides and bake at 425 F for 10-15 minutes per side.
Ingredients: (makes 36-40 small kababs)
400 gm paneer
2 medium sized potatoes boiled
1 large carrot grated
1/4 cup finely chopped leeks
1/2 medium red onion finely chopped
handful fresh coriander finely chopped
1 tsp grated ginger
2-3 green chilies chopped fine
salt to taste
red chili powder to taste
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp amchur (dry mango powder)
1/4 cup tbsp dry bread crumbs
1-2 tbsp flour
Oil for shallow frying
- Grate the paneer in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the ingredients and mix well kneading with your palm to form a smooth mixture without any lumps. If the mixture feels very loose then add some more flour and knead well.
- Form into small one inch rounds.
- Shallow fry on medium heat till golden. Turn over and repeat.
- Serve hot with mint and tamarind chutneys.