|Besan ki burfi|
This is my mithai for Diwali this year. Happy Diwali everyone.
2 cups Gram flour (besan) coarsely ground
1 cup ghee melted
1 cup powdered sugar (or very fine sugar)
5-6 Green cardamoms powdered
10-12 almonds sliced
Chopped pistachios for garnish (optional)
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add gram flour to the pan and sauté on medium heat, stirring constantly, till fragrant and browned. This took me about 30-35 minutes on medium heat.
- Switch off the heat. Add sugar and stir well till it blends with the gram flour mixture. Add green cardamom powder and mix well.
- Grease an aluminium tray. Transfer the mixture into the greased tray and spread evenly. Level the surface. Sprinkle almonds and set aside to cool. It will take a while but the mixture will set eventually (2-3 hours).
- Carefully cut into squares or diamonds and serve.
- Store in an airtight container for a week.