Grilled jumbo garlic shrimps
Wine Pairing: Pinot Noir, Chardonnay
|Grilled jumbo shrimp and asparagus on saffron rice|
Ingredients: serves 4
1/2 tsp saffron threads plus 1 tbsp milk
2 Tbsp ghee or clarified butter
4 green cardamom pods
1 small (2-inch) cinnamon stick
5 whole cloves
1 1/2 cups basmati rice
3 cups water
Salt to taste (optional)
1 tbsp orange zest
3 Tbsp pistachios
3 Tbsp blanched slivered or sliced almonds
1/3 cup cranberries
- Wash rice and drain the water.
- In a heavy bottomed pan heat ghee and add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon. stir for 10 seconds and add rice along with zest and cranberries. stir to coat the rice with ghee and spices.
- Add water and salt. mix well. Add the saffron threads soaked in milk. Stir well if you want the entire rice to turn yellow OR just give it one random stir to get the effect you see in the picture.
- Bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes till rice is cooked through and all the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and stir in the almonds and pistachios.
|Shrimp and asparagus on the grill|
Grilled garlic shrimp and Asparagus
Ingredients: (serves 4)
500 gms fresh asparagus, hard ends trimmed off
25-30 jumbo shrimps
4 tbsp olive oil
2-3 cloves of garlic grated
1 tsp dry parsley
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Drizzle asparagus and shrimps with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and sprinkle parsley on top. Add grated garlic to the shrimp and mix well.
- Place asparagus in a single layer on the preheated grill on high. It will take about 15 minutes for them to grill. Turn after 7 minutes. At this point place the marinated shrimps in a single layer. Shrimps will cook way faster than asparagus so time accordingly.
- Roast shrimps for about 4-5 minutes per side (will need less time if shrimps are smaller in size) till they turn pink. Roast asparagus till it wrinkles a bit.
- Serve on a bed of saffron rice.