|Fresh produce always inspires new ideas.|
To get more information about tilapia go to http://www.aquaculture.ca/files/species-tilapia.php
2 tilapia fillets
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
red chillie flakes as per desired level of heat
1 tablespoon orageno dry
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix all the ingredients together and marinate the fish for 20 minutes.
- Grill for 15 minutes till fish turns golden brown and cooks through.
- Serve warm with tangy pineapple salsa.
Spicy fresh pineapple salsa
Pineapple's firm texture and sweet-sour taste is perfect for salsa. Gives a tropical touch to the meal.Ingredients:
1/2 a pineapple cored and chopped (bite sized)
1 large red pepper chopped
1/2 red onion chopped
Handful of fresh mint leaves chopped
2 jalapeños, stemmed and minced
1⁄4 cup finely chopped cilantro
Salt to taste
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp fresh orange juice
1 tsp sugar (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together and chill for 2 hours.
- Serve at room temperature over the grilled fish.
|Crunchy peanut couscous.|
1 cup couscous
2 cups water or chicken broth
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup roasted peanuts
Red wine vinegar
Salt to taste
- In a saucepan bring water to boil.
- Add couscous and salt and turn off the heat.
- Stir, cover and let stand for 15 minutes. fluff with a fork.
- In a large pan heat olive oil and stir in the vegetables. Saute for 2 min and remove from heat.
- Stir in cooked couscous and peanuts and mix well. Flavour with salt and vinegar.
- Serve warm.