Imli (Tamarind) Chutney
250gms Tamarind (Imli)
300gms Jaggery (Gur) grated
1 tbsp Roasted cumin Powder
2 tsp Red chili powder
Salt To Taste
2 tsp Black salt
- Soak imli in 5 cups of water for minimum 2 hours to soften it. Mash the imli with your hand to extract its pulp. Strain and put it in a saucepan.
- Bring imli pulp to boil and add all the other ingredients.
- Continue to cook on medium heat till jaggery dissolves completely and chutney thickens and becomes glossy.
- Keep in mind that it thickens more on cooling so cook only to the level that will cool to the desired consistency.
- Cool and store in a glass jar in the refrigerator. Keeps for a month.