|Mutton hara masala|
Ingredients: (Generously serves 4)
2 lb Mutton
1/3 cup kasuri methi
1 lb spinach
1 cup fresh mint leaves
2 cups fresh coriander
handful fresh dill
4-6 green chilies
2 medium Onions, chopped
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
Red chili powder to taste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
3 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
Whole spices (dry roast and grind coarsely)
1/2 tsp each cumin and coriander seeds
1/2 inch cinnamon
1 black cardamom
2 green cardamom
- Microwave the spinach till it is lightly cooked, about 4-5 minutes. Grind all the fresh greens (cooked spinach along with its water, mint, dill and coriander) into a smooth paste. Keep aside
- Marinate the mutton in yogurt, salt, chili powder and turmeric for 2 hours.
- Heat oil and add coarsely ground spices, saute for 2 seconds. Add kasuri methi and onions and saute till onions turn pink. Add ginger garlic paste and continue to saute till the entire mixture turns light brown.
- Add the marinated mutton and continue frying for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water and pressure cook for 10 minutes on simmer after the whistle.
- Once the pressure is released, put the cooker back on low flame and cook the meat until the oil separates,
- Add the ground greens and cook for 3 minutes max to incorporate the green flavor in the meat. If you cook longer then it will change color.
- Serve with roti or naan.