|Fully loaded nachos|
You can add any extras you like. All depends on what you desire. So here goes the recipe for fully loaded nachos as made in our house.
|Step 1: Place a layer of tortilla chips in an oven safe platter|
1 lb ground chicken
1 can black beans drained
1/2 red onion diced
3-4 cloves garlic crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp cumin powder
salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium-high heat add olive oil, garlic and onions. Cook stirring till onions soften and become pink.
- Add the ground chicken and cook breaking the lumps with your spatula till meat browns and cooks through.
- Add the drained beans, all the spices and stir to combine. Add 1/4 cup water and simmer covered for 5-7 minutes to let the flavors combine. Keep hot.
|Step 2: Top with meat/beans mixture|
1 large diced tomato
1/2 diced medium sized red onion
1/4 bunch of cilantro (use more or less depending on your taste)
juice of half a lemon
1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 tsp of salt
1 jalapenos (or more if you prefer it hotter)
- Mix up all ingredients and keep at room temperature for half an hour to let flavors blend in.
2 avocados diced
1-2 jalapenos diced fine
1 cup grated cheese (any one you have at hand)
Handful olives sliced
Sour cream (optional)
- Place a layer of tortilla chips in an oven safe platter.
- Top with half of the meat/beans mixture, followed by 1/3 of pico de gallo and 1/2 the cheese.
- Repeat layers and place the platter in the oven at 400 F till the cheese melts.
- Alternatively you can microwave the platter in increments of 30 seconds till cheese melts.
- Sprinkle diced avocado, chopped olives, and the rest of of pico de gallo and serve immediately.
- Upper chips crust will be crisp and lower ones will be hot and soft and yummy.
|Step 5: Melt the cheese, sprinkle diced avocado, enjoy|