Haddock fish pieces marinated in a delectable masala, pan fried till crisp. Use any firm fish which can withstand frying without breaking down. I prefer to shallow fry but you can deep fry as well. Serve it as an appetizer with lime wedges and onion rings. Serve along side potato cakes and coleslaw for a shore lunch.
Ingredients: serves 4-5
2 lbs Haddock cut in 3 inch long pieces
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
salt to taste
red chili powder to taste
1 tbsp sriracha chili sauce (any hot sauce)
3-4 garlic cloves crushed fine
1 inch ginger crushed fine
2-3 tbsp tamarind pulp (or you can use lime juice)
1/4 cup each fine semolina and rice flour mixed and seasoned with salt and red chili powder
- Mix all ingredients of marinade 1 to make a smooth paste.
- Marinate the fish pieces for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Roll the marinated fish pieces in the marinade 2 generously.
- Shallow fry these pieces till golden and crisp.
- Serve immediately with onion rings and lime wedges.