|Chicken noodle soup with ginger|
Ingredients: (serves 4)
4 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 tsp grated fresh root ginger
2-3 cloves garlic chopped
1-2 bay leaves
1/2 cup filini pasta noodles or vermicelli
2 cups chopped carrots, celery, leeks, mushrooms
1/3 tsp dried thyme
- Heat stock in a pan and add chicken, ginger and garlic. Bring to a boil and simmer covered for 15- 20 minutes till chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and shred into bite size pieces. Keep aside.
- Increase the heat and add the veggies to the stock along with bay leaves, thyme and salt to taste. Bring to boil and simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Now bring to boil again and add the noodles. These will only take 2 minutes to cook.
- Remove from heat, remove and discard the bay leaf and add the cooked shredded chicken.
- Serve hot with freshly ground black pepper.