Beetroot contains no fat, has very few calories and is a great source of fiber. In accompaniment with carrots it has an enhanced vitamin-A content. All these bright colors make this dish rich in anti-oxidants. This can make an excellent snack of under 100 calories (when made without olive oil).
Ingredients: (serves 4)
4 medium Beetroots washed
Handful fresh Mint
- Cook beetroots in the microwave till they are slightly cooked but still have their crunch. Peel and julienne.
- Peel carrots and julienne as well. Mix with beetroot sticks.
- Add salt, pepper and lime juice and mix well. Can add a drizzle of olive oil but it taste just as good without.
- Serve over bed of lettuce.
1 tbsp Olive oil
Cracked black pepper
Sprig of fresh Chives
Lime juice and rind of 1 lime
- In a small bowl mix together all ingredients for the marinade.
- Wash the drumsticks and remove the skin. Give a few diagonal slits.
- Smear the marinade all over the drumsticks and let it marinate for at least 4-5 hours.
- Grill chicken turning once till it browns evenly and is cooked thru reaching an internal temperature of 74C. For safe internal cooking temperature please refer to Canadian food inspection agency's guidelines at :- http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/fssa/concen/tipcon/thermoe.shtml