Families are special and deserve a celebration once in a while. So to make tonight a party night we decided to have an Appetizer and Cocktail Night instead of a regular sit down meal. My husband made cocktails on demand, even the girls got several rounds of different flavoured shirly temples. It was flirtinis for the adults. Cheers everyone.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
8 Eggs hardboiled and peeled
3 tbsp mayonnaise
salt to taste
Cracked black pepper
A few sprigs of Fresh or Dried Mint
- Cut the hard boiled eggs gently into half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the yolk in a bowl and place the white shell in a serving platter.
- Add mayonnaise, seasoning and finely chopped mint to the yolk and mix very well.
- Now spoon this mixture back in the empty egg white shells.
- Sprinkle with more cracked black pepper and garnish with a mint leaf.
- Cover and refrigerate for minimum 2 hours or max upto a day before serving.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce.
Minty Chicken BallsThis is a twist on the classic chicken balls recipe. The mint sauce gives it a freshness and an Indian BBQ feel. You can even serve these inside a wrap and it will taste like kathi kabab. This is a great recipe for a party. With my girls it was a great hit.
For Chicken balls (makes about 30)
1 lb Minced chicken
1/2 red onion finely chopped
3-4 cloves garlic crushed
4 tbsp dry bread crumbs
salt to taste
For mint sauce
1 cup each packed fresh mint and corriander
1/4 red onion
2 cloves garlic
2 tbs tomato paste
- Mix all the ingredients for the chicken balls thoroughly.
- Shape into small 1 inch balls.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown OR Bake at 375F for 15 minutes.
- Make the mint sauce by putting all the ingredients (except tomato paste) in a blender with a little bit of water and blending till it becomes a fine minty concoction.
- In a pan put a tsp oil and add the mint sauce along with tomato paste and bring to a boil. Now add all the chicken balls and coat them thoroughly with the mint sauce.
- Simmer covered for 2 minutes to let the flavours seep through.
- Serve hot.
100 gms Mozzarella cheese (cut into 16 cubes)
16 small cherry tomatoes
16 pitted kalamata olives
1/3 cup Roasted red pepper dressing (Or Greek salad dressing)
- Divide cheese, tomatoes and olives among 16 toothpicks.
- In a shallow dish put the dressing and place the skewers in it. Turn the skewers to coat evenly.
- Let them marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature before refrigerating.
- Remove skewers from marinade before serving. (Discard the left over marinade)