|Sushi Maki with avocado filling|
|Classic sushi rolls|
Avocado Sushi Maki
Ingredients: Makes about 60
2 cups Sushi rice
Nori (sheets of dried seaweed)
2 avocados sliced
Sushi rolling mat
Gari (thinly sliced ginger pickled in sugar and vinegar)
Wasabi (Japanese horseradish)
- Prepare sushi rice according to package directions. Make sure its cool.
- Before you start rolling sushi have rice, sliced avocado, bowl of water, hand towel and a sharp knife at close range on your working area.
1. Start with the sushi mat.
2. Lay the nori sheet on it with its rough side up.
3. Spread rice leaving an inch on both ends
4. Place your fish slice along with veges on one end.
5. Using the closer end of the mat, start rolling and close on the filling with the nori and rice, making a rectangular shaped tight hill. With a moist knife cut inch thick slices carefully.