Vangi batata bhaji
Dapka Kadhi (moong dal dumplings in yogurt sauce)
Tuvar daal (sweet and sour arhar dal)
|Tindoora nu shaak (Ivy gourd stir fry)|
Vangi batata bhaji (eggplant and potato stirfry)
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
8 baby eggplants, quartered
1/4 tsp each cumin and mustard seeds
pinch asafoetida (hing)
2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 tomatoes, chopped fine
2 tsp oil
salt to taste
1 tsp coriander powder
red chili powder to taste
1/3 tsp turmeric powder
2 cups water
1 tsp grated jaggery
Chopped fresh coriander to serve
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin and mustard seeds along with hing and let them crackle for 10 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, salt, turmeric and coriander powder. Mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes to soften the tomatoes.
- Add potatoes, eggplant and and all other ingredients including water.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Simmer and cover for 7-10 minutes till potatoes cook through.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
Bharela marcha (stuffed pepper)
Methi Thepla (methi flatbread)
Keri no Chhundo (spicy, sweet and sour green mango relish)
Aam Shrikhand (mango flavored hung yogurt dessert)