|Masala urad dal Vada|
1 cup dhuli urad dal
1 medium onion chopped fine
3-4 green chilies chopped fine
1 inch ginger grated
handful fresh coriander chopped fine
salt to taste
red chili powder to taste
Oil for frying
- Soak dal overnight.
- Grind coarsely using minimum water.
- Beat the batter well till a small dollop dropped in a bowl of water floats (not sink).
- Add all the other ingredients and mix.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan to medium.
- Wet your palm with water, take a tablespoon of batter and flatten to form a round. Make a thumb impression in the center to make a hole. Gently lower it in the hot oil.
- Fry on medium till golden and crisp on the outside and fully cooked on the inside.
- Serve with coconut chutney and sambhar.