1 cup cooked white rice
7-8 small Indian eggplants, thinly sliced
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp each dhuli urad and chana dal
Pinch hing (asafoetida)
2 sprigs of curry leaves, chopped
2-3 tbsp vangi bhaat masala
Salt to taste
Lemon juice to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, crackle mustard seeds, little urad and chana dal and pinch hing.
- Add curry leaves and thinly sliced eggplant and fry on low till it cooks and softens but not mushy.
- Add cooked white rice, salt, vangi bhaat masala and lemon juice. Stir fry till all the flavors blend in.
- Taste to adjust the amount of salt, lemon juice and vangi bhaat masala as per your taste.
- Serve garnished with lightly fried cashews alongside raita.