1/4 cup each urad and roasted chana dal
3/4 cup dry coconut
15 dry ed chilies
2 tbsp coriander seeds
2" cinnamon stick
3 star anise
1/2 tsp khuskhas (poppy seeds)
1-2 tsp oil
- In a tsp oil lightly roast dals till red. Remove.
- In the same pan roast red chilies. remove.
- In the same pan roast cinnamon, cloves and star anise.
- Dry roast coriander seeds and coconut till lightly golden.
- Cool everything. Combine all ingredients and grind to get a coarse powder.
- I avoid using salt so that I can control it on a per dish basis. You can add salt if you want while grinding.
- Stays well in the refrigerator.
- Use it to make vangi bhaat and any stir fry.
Dishes to make with this