|Chocolate chip cookies|
Ingredients: (Makes about 40-45 large cookies)
(170 calories each with nuts)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
1 cup chopped mixed nuts like walnuts, pecans, almonds(optional)
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Keep aside.
- In another bowl beat butter until smooth and creamy. Add the two types of sugars and beat until fluffy (about 2 minutes). You can use an electric or hand mixer.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla. You might need to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until. The mixture might be too stiff or dough like at this point to use the mixer. So use a wooden spoon and mix by hand. Add the chocolate chips about half way through mixing. If you are using any nuts then mix them in now.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 375 F with rack in the center of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough (use an ice cream scoop for even size) onto the prepared baking sheets about an inch apart. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Cool completely on wire rack.