|Cinnamon apple pudding|
Like traditional kheer you can flavor it with green cardamom. I however love the combination of apple and cinnamon. You can flavor it as per your taste buds. Keep in mind that as it cools the pudding thickens. So keep the consistency accordingly.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
2 apples, grated with peel
4 cups whole milk
1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar as per taste
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
Palm full chopped almonds and pistachios
- In a pan bring the milk to boil. Lower the heat and cook stirring frequently till it thickens reduces to about three quarter.
- While the milk is thickening, take the grated apple and sugar in a pan and cook on high till most of the water evaporates and the apples cook a bit.
- Add the thickened milk to the cooked apples. Stir well to combine. Cook on medium high till the kheer reaches the desired consistency. Keep in mind that it will thicken further as it cools down.
- Remove from heat and add cinnamon and chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate to cool. It tastes great cold. If it thickens too much add some milk before serving.