Quick and easy dish that can be prepared in minutes. Large chunks of onion and chilies sauteed with shrimp in a sweet and spicy sauce. Serve as a starter, or as lunch over steamed rice, or as a filling inside a wrap. Either way it tastes wonderful.
25 large shrimps
1 large red onion
Red chili peppers as per your spice quotient
1 Green pepper
2 green onions
2 cloves of garlic crushed
Sauce (mix all together)
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Sambal or any hot sauce
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp grated ginger
- Peel and de-vein the shrimps, rinse and pat dry.
- Cut large chunks of red onion and green pepper. Cut red chilies into rings and chop green onions fine (reserve some for garnish).
- Take 2 tbsp oil in a wok on high heat and add garlic, green peppers and red onion chunks. Saute for a few a minute. Add green onion and red chili rings and toss for another 30 seconds.
- Arrange the veggies on the side of the wok and add a tsp oil in the center. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes per side. Now toss them with the sauteed veggies from the sides till shrimps are cooked through.
- Add the sauce and toss for a bit till everything is coated with the sauce. Taste and adjust the flavors by adding more soy sauce and/or honey. Garnish with reserved green onion. Serve hot.