|Made with red apples|
Source: Ruchi Airen
|Made with green apples|
2 cups apple shavings
1/3-1/2 cup sugar
Handful dried sweetened cranberries (or raisins)
1 inch ginger, julienne
Salt to taste
Juice and zest of 1 lime
Red chili powder to taste
Lots of cracked black pepper
- Quarter apple, slice away seeds and core. Use a vegetable peeler to make apple shavings(with peel).
- Put all the ingredients in a pan and bring to boil.
- Simmer and cook on medium, stirring continuously, till the fruit softens up and the chutney becomes syrupy and a little thick.
- Do not overcook as it thickens considerably as it cools down.
- Spread on toasted baguette slices/crostini
- As an accompaniment with any grilled or BBQ dish
- Serve over slices of fruit and cheese
- Serve over cheese and crackers
- Use as a sandwich spread