Apricots are a delicious addition to any dessert options. This one combines the tangy and sweet flavors with a bit of crunch. The addition of cranberries adds color and tang and the orange zest just enhances the flavor overall. I like these chunky and chewy. If you prefer a smooth marble then grind the apricots after heating in a food processor with all the ingredients to get a smooth mixture. Be sure to try out these vegan beauties next time you are craving for a healthy and delicious dessert.
11/2 cup apricots
1 cup pecans
4 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp orange jest
1/4 - 1/2 tsp dry ginger powder
Handful dried cranberries
Unsweetened shredded coconut for rolling(optional)
- Chop the apricots and pecans to small pieces.
- Combine apricot and orange juice in a non stick pan and heat gently till the mixture becomes sticky, about 2-4 minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Cool enough to touch easily and using wet palms roll the mixture into small marbles.
- Roll over shredded coconut (optional) and cool completely.