SALADS FOR LUNCH/SIDE DISH
|Sprinkle with sesame seeds just before serving|
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
3 cups frozen Edamame Beans
1 cup frozen corn
1 large red bell pepper diced
1/2 cup diced water chestnuts
2 green onions thinly sliced
handful fresh coriander chopped
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds for sprinkling on top
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp honey (use Maple syrup or Agave nectar as a vegan substitute)
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 inch ginger root minced
- Boil edamame beans in boiling water for 4-5 minutes just until bright green. Drain rinse in cold water and place in a serving bowl.
- In a non-stick pan add 1/2 tsp oil and sauté corn until just brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add Corn and everything else to edamame.
- Mix all ingredients for dressing and pour over salad. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Its a great make ahead dish (a day), just freshen it up with fresh coriander just before serving.
Recipe adapted from 'The Complete Light Kitchen' by Rose Reisman