Ingredients: (generously serves a crowd)
2 large ripe avocados
1/2 tsp grated garlic
1-2 green chilies chopped fine
2-3 tbsp lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
4-5 sprigs of fresh coriander, chopped fine
Cayenne pepper for garnish
- Place eggs in a pan of water such that eggs are fully immersed in water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and let the eggs sit for 10 minutes.
- Once they are cool to touch, peel the eggs carefully and keep aside.
- Meanwhile make the guacamole. Peel and de-seed the avocados, mash them well and add all other ingredients as per your taste.
- Slice the eggs in half and remove the cooked yolk in a mixing bowl. Mash the yolks and add the prepared guacamole to this. Do not over mix as the appearance becomes too mushy. Gently fold the two together.
- Adjust the seasoning and then place heaping scoops of the yolk-guacamole mixture in the egg while hollows. Sprinkle with red and black pepper. Serve cool.
- This can be made several hours in advance and refrigerated.
'Adapted from Cooking stoned'