6 granny smith apples peeled cored and sliced
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup oil
5 Tbs apple juice
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tbs ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Arrange apples in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle over them evenly half the spice mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Meanwhile in a mixing bowl beat till thick and fluffy eggs and sugar.
- Add oil, apple juice and vanilla extract and mix.
- To this batter add in batches mixture of flour, baking powder and salt to make a smooth batter.
- Pour this batter eveny over the apples and sprinkle with remaining spice mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes till done , ie. when the cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.