4-6 apples (I prefer tart granny smith)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup instant oatmeal
¾ cups flour (or whole wheat flour)
½ cup butter
2 tsp cinnamon
- Core peel and slice the apples.
- Arrange them on a greased pie dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a separate bowl and cut in butter until the mixture resembles soft bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the apples to cover completely.
- Bake in the center rack for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve hot with whipped cream or your favorite ice cream.
- Can be served cold.