|Moong dal pakoda chaat, Ram laddoo|
|Moong dal pakoda , Ram laddoo|
For Ram laddoo
3/4 cup dhuli moong dal
1/4 cup chana dal
2-3 Green chilies, chopped fine
Handful fresh coriander, chopped fine
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
Red chili powder to taste
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
Pinch asafoetida (hing)
Oil for deep frying
- Wash and soak the lentils for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Drain and grind coarsely with green chilies and hing using very little water.
- Take the mixture out in a large bowl and whisk it till light and fluffy (till a small ball of batter floats in a bowl of water rather than sink).
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry small, 1 inch rounds on medium heat till golden and crisp. Drain on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve with a generous drizzle of mint and tamarind chutneys, grated radish, coriander and squeeze of lime.
Red chili flakes(optional)