Cajun chicken breast
Watermelon salad with feta cheese
Wine Pairing: Muscat, Pinot Grigio
|Watermelon Salad with Feta cheese|
|Cajun spiced chicken with watermelon salad and sautéed corn|
|Chicken breast covered in cajun spice rub|
Ingredients: Serves 4
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste
4-5 tbsp Cajun Seasoning (recipe here)
- Heat the grill to high. Mix together all the spices for the spice mix in a bowl.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Coat them generously with the spice mixture.
- Cook on a gas grill-- Spray with some vegetable oil and place the chicken on the grill, and grill until lightly golden brown and a crust has formed, about 3 minutes. Turn the chicken over, close the lid and continue cooking until just cooked through, about 6 minutes longer.
- Cook in the oven-- In an oven proof pan take some vegetable oil and heat it to high. Brown the chicken on both sides for a minute each and then transfer the pan into the oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes till chicken is no longer pink from the inside and the internal temperature reaches 175 F.
- Let rest for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve alongside watermelon salad.
|Watermelon salad in watermelon shell|
Ingredients: serves 4
1/2 medium sized seedless watermelon
1/2 cup crumbled feta
finely chopped fresh coriander or parsley
finely chopped fresh mint
freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
1 tsp lime juice
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Use a melon baller to shape equal sized rounds of watermelon. If you don't have one, cut one inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl take watermelon balls, lime juice, parsley, mint, black pepper and olive oil. Toss gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with some of the feta mixture. Serve immediately.
Recipe for watermelon salad adapted from Christine Cushing 'Cook with me'