Jerk chicken burger
Wine Pairing: Sauvignon Blanc
|Jerk chicken burger on a whole grain kaiser with garden salad|
Warning: Habanero pepper and scotch bon pepper are very hot and spicy and can cause serious pain if they come in contact with your eyes. Use extreme caution when handling these. Only the die hard fans of spicy food need use these, otherwise substitute with less hot green chillies.
Jerk chicken burgers
Ingredients: (makes 4-5)
Whole grain rolls or kaiser buns
For the burgers
1 lb mince chicken
2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp each cayenne pepper and ground black pepper
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3-4 cloves garlic grated
1 scotch bon pepper finely chopped (very hot, use with caution)
1/2 chopped red onion
handful chopped coriander
1 tsp oil
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients for the burger and knead with hand to incorporate all the spices in the mince. Wear gloves when handling the habanero and scotch bon peppers.
- Divide the mixture into 4-5 portions and shape each into a round burger.
- Grill them till fully cooked through and lightly browned from the outside.
- Place each chicken patty on a toasted kaiser roll and top with orange salsa (recipe below).
- Serve accompanied by green salad, garden salad or fries.
3-4 oranges, seeds removed cut into chunks (or 2 cans of mandarin oranges drained)
1/2 red onion chopped
large bunch coriander finely chopped
2-3 green chillies or habanero, chopped (optional)
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
Mix everything together and let flavours blend for about 1/2 an hour before using.
|Indian style burger|
|Greek lamb burger|
|Thai chicken burger|
|Moroccan chicken burger|