|Harissa chicken burger|
Harissa chicken burger
Ingredients: (for 4 burgers)
1 lb mince chicken
1 tsp grated ginger
1/2 tsp roasted crushed cumin
1/2 red onion, chopped fine
2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes(soaked and chopped fine)
1/2 tsp dry mint
Handful fresh coriander, chopped fine
2 tbsp Harissa chili paste (recipe here)
Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together and divide into four equal parts.
- Shape into round patties.
- Place in a single layer and cover. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour before cooking.
- Grill for 7-8 minutes per side till cooked through and golden on both sides.
- For a Vegetarian option substitute mince chicken with paneer, tofu or boiled potato or a combination of these. I have also tried boiled soy granules mixed with boiled potato. Just keep the flavoring same. You can pan fry or grill these. Comes out great.
Rectangular Persian flat bread
Red onion rings
Yogurt tahini sauce (recipe below)
Roasted red pepper sauce (recipe below)
- Cut the flat bread into 5 X 5 inch squares.
- To serve toast the flat bread slices.
- Spread a teaspoon of red pepper sauce and place lettuce on it.
- Top with the cucumber slices followed by sliced tomatoes and onion rings.
- Place the grilled chicken patty on the onion rings.
- Drizzle yogurt tahini sauce generously and top with some olives.
4 tbsp tahini (white sesame paste)
4 tbsp plain yogurt
2 large clove garlic grated
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients and add a few teaspoon of water to get the desired drizzle consistency.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Roasted red pepper sauce
1 red pepper roasted (or 1/2 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers)
1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp tahini,
1 garlic clove, minced
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon roasted ground cumin
Salt to taste
- Roast the peppers on an open gas flame, turning them frequently with tongs until all sides are charred black, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Or quarter the peppers and place them on a baking sheet. Roast at 425 F for 45 minutes turning halfway till they start to char.
- Cool, peel and remove seeds and stem. Chop roughly.
- Process in a food processor along with all other ingredients till smooth. Check seasoning. Refrigerate for half an hour before serving to let flavors blend.
You might also like these burgers
|Indian Style burger|
|Greek lamb burger|
|Jerk Chicken burger|
|Thai chicken burger|