Ingredients: (for 4 burgers)
1 lb mince mutton
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 red onion, chopped fine
1 tbsp feta cheese
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp lime zest
1/2 tsp dry mint
Handful fresh coriander, chopped fine
1 tsp red pepper flakes (adjust as per your spice quotient)
2 walnuts, crushed roughly
2 tbsp Greek seasoning (recipe here)
Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together and divide into four equal parts.
- Shape into round patties.
- Place in a single layer and cover. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour before cooking.
- Grill for 7-8 minutes per side till cooked through and golden on both sides.
- For a Vegetarian option substitute mince lamb with paneer, tofu or boiled potato or a combination of these. I have also tried boiled soy granules mixed with boiled potato. Just keep the flavoring same. You can pan fry or grill these. Comes out great.
4 burger buns (I used rustic kaiser buns)
Red onion rings
Mixed greens(spinach, arugula, etc)
Tzatziki sauce(recipe here)
- To serve warm the bun and place the leafy greens at the bottom.
- Top with the lamb burger followed by sliced tomatoes and onion rings.
- Drizzle tzatziki generously and sprinkle with feta.
- Top with some olives and enjoy your feast. Burger never tasted sooo good.