|Indian style chicken burger|
Ingredients: (serves 4)
1 lb mince chicken
1/4 large red onion, chopped fine
2 cloves garlic, grated
1 inch ginger, grated
2 green chilies, chopped fine (optional)
Handful fresh coriander, chopped fine
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/4 tsp Amchoor (dry mango) powder
- Mix all the ingredients together. If the mixture is too soft add some bread crumbs. It should be a fairly loose mixture.
- Divide into four equal parts and moisten your palms to shape into round patties.
- Place in a single layer and cover. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour before cooking. This will set them for easy handling.
- Grill for 7-8 minutes per side till cooked through and golden on both sides.
- Spray whole long green chilies with some oil and grill them too for a minute or two till they char a little. Keep aside.
- For a Vegetarian option substitute mince chicken with paneer, tofu or boiled potato or a combination of these. I have also tried boiled soy granules mixed with boiled potato and boiled chickpeas with boiled potato. Just keep the flavoring same. You can pan fry or grill these. Comes out great.
I served these on small round mini naans which I found at costco. If you cannot find the mini ones then just quarter the big naans and proceed. You can always use the regular burger buns as well.
Red onion rings
Lettuce or spinach leaves
Mint yogurt sauce (Recipe below)
Chili garlic coconut chutney (recipe here)
Fried or grilled green chilies (optional)
Kachumbar (कचुम्बर) Salad (recipe below)
- To serve lightly toast the naans and spread the chili garlic coconut chutney liberally.
- Place lettuce and onion rings on them.
- Top with the grilled chicken patty followed by more onion rings.
- Drizzle some mint yogurt sauce generously.
- Serve with a side of Kachumbar salad and a couple of fried/grilled green chilies.
1 English cucumber
1 large tomatoes
1/2 red onion
Large handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
Salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Dice all the veggies to bite sized pieces.
- Mix coriander, lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Mint yogurt sauce
1/2 cup thick plain yogurt
2-3 tbsp mint chutney
Mix them together and adjust seasoning to your taste.