- Great served as a dip or a starter.
- Spread it on toast with some alfalfa sprouts and rings of red onion for an awesome sandwich.
- Perfect for those summer picnics.
1 cup cooked salmon, flaked
4 tbsp cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
1-2 tsp lime juice
Freshly cracked black pepper
1 tsp hot sauce (optional)
Salt to taste
Crackers, for serving
To garnish (choose one or more)
- If you are using fresh salmon then make sure its boneless and skinless. You can bake or poach the fish till cooked through. Cool and flake with fork.
- If using canned salmon then drain out and squeeze all the liquid, remove all the small bones. Then flake with fork.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients. Mix to combine well.
- Line a small serving bowl or dish with plastic wrap and spoon in the pate, pressing down firmly and smoothing the top. Cover and chill until somewhat firm, about an hour.
- To serve, unmold salmon onto a platter so that rounded side faces up; remove and discard plastic wrap. Garnish with your choice of topping and serve with crackers. I love the nuts as they add texture. I also love the capers and parsley and onion combo - gives a crunchy garlicky taste.