This unique and awesome burger recipe is easy and eh! so Canadian - a subtle hint of maple in the chicken patty, crisp Canadian back bacon, few shavings of Quebec's treasured Oka cheese and a drizzle of super delish maple Dijon sauce.
Maple bacon chicken burger
4 burger buns
4 Chicken patties (recipe below)
4 Canadian back bacon slices
Few shavings of Oka
Maple Dijon sauce (recipe below)
Tomato slices and onion rings
Pickled jalapeno rings(optional)
Fries on the side
- Chicken patty-Mix all the following ingredients together and shape into 4 patties.1 lb mince chicken, 2-3 cloves garlic finely minced, 1 bunch green onion finely chopped , 1 tsp real maple syrup, 1/4 tsp dry rosemary, salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 15 minutes and then grill till cooked through.
- Cook bacon till crisp. I have used regular bacon instead of back bacon as I had this one at hand. But I highly recommend using the Canadian back bacon if you can find it in your grocery store.
- Maple-Dijon Sauce-Whisk together 1 tbsp mayonnaise, 1 tbsp Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp mustard (old fashioned grainy), 1 tbsp real maple syrup, 1 tsp hot sauce (Tabasco, Sriracha). Keep aside (refrigerate) till ready to serve.
- Place the grilled chicken patty on the bun and top with lettuce, tomato and onion rings.
- Place a crisply cooked strip of bacon and top it with shavings of Oka cheese.
- Drizzle maple Dijon sauce on top and close the burger with the top bun.
- Serve with hot crisp fries and your favorite Canadian beer (Labatt blue, Molson Canadian, Alexander Keith's, Budweiser to name a few).